We all appreciate the value of a beautiful yard or garden; how it makes our sense of color, of touch, of fragrance come alive, how it makes us glad to be alive to enjoy the beauty of nature. A successful landscape design will distinguish a home, while also blending the structure with the site. Additionally, it lends great “curb appeal” and marketability to the property it graces.
At Naturescape Designs, we work individually with each client to customize your landscape design to your needs, tastes, budget, and site, thus insuring your satisfaction with the final outcome. I am fortunate to be able to offer you the combination of my gift for design with my knowledge of locally hardy plant materials, micro-climates, soils, and irrigation needs, gained from both formal education and from over 40 years of living and gardening in the Rogue Valley.
Here at Naturescape Designs, we strive to achieve the ideal balance between the needs and tastes of our clients, and the conditions, challenges and opportunities presented by each individual site. We strongly believe in integrating both ecological and aesthetic considerations into our work. Whether we are developing a large commercial project or small residential yard, we endeavor to create both beauty and functionality in the natural environment.
- Owner/operator of Naturescape Designs since 1989
- Assoc. of Science Degree in Ornamental Horticulture
- Recipient of Carpenter Foundation Grant
- Board Member of the Southern Oregon Landscape Association for five years
- Piloted a Horticulture Therapy Program at a Residential Treatment Facility for emotionally challenged teenagers in Merlin, OR; was awarded an Honorary Staff Member position